I was tagged through another one of my blogs by wintergirlsv
1. Always post rules.
2. Answer questions from the person who tagged you write 11 new ones.
3. Tag 11 people.
4. Actually tell them you tagged them.
1) What lies do you tell yourself that you are well aware of?
That I have any sense of control in my life.
2) If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have a family to protect me instead of abuse me.
3) If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know?
Who’s going to ditch me and who’s going to stay?
4) What’s the last thing you’ve done for the very first time? What was the first thing you did for the last time?
The last thing I did for the very first time was play Settlers of Catan. The first thing I did for the last time was live in my hometown.
5) What’s you’re LEAST favorite movie?
6) Would you rather be forced to leave your home country, never to return OR never able to leave your home country? Why?
I would choose the first. I would rather be kept out then be kept in.
7) If you saw the 5 year old you standing in front of you, what advice would you tell them?
To be kind.
8) Who would win in a fight, a slice of pizza or a taco?
9) Describe the moment in which you were most proud of yourself.
When I made the highschool cheer team at the end of my sophomore year. At the end of 8th grade I wanted to cheer more than anything and I got my mom to go with me to the information meeting and all she did was compare me to the size of the other girls there and told me there was no way I’d ever be a cheerleader. I ran away as a sophomore and never went back. I starting working out and joined track & field. I didn’t really lose any weight, but I gained more confidence and tried out for the team. When I got in it was like a validation that I was good enough for something, even if other people said I wasn’t.
10) What would you do differently if you knew no one would judge you?
I’d be honest with people when I’m struggling without worrying about scaring them away.
11) If you were handed $100 dollars right now, how would you spend it?
I’d probably blow it buying clothes online.
12) If you could be any other person for a day, who would you be?
My sister-in-law. She’s an only child who is lov ed by her parents and she was given the opportunities throughout her childhood to do what she loved and to figure out who she is.
13) If you could imagine yourself as a new person with a new life, having and being anything you wanted, who would you be and what would you do?
I would be a kid again, but in a different family and I’d play soccer and be in dance like I always wanted to do.
14) You can only get one tattoo and it has to be text across your shoulder blades, what does it say?
What will your verse be? (Dead Poet’s Society)
15) Pick a scar on your body, tell the story behind that scar.
I have a v-shaped scar on the inside of my middle finger on my left hand. I got it in 3rd grade while sitting at my desk. I was a very curious child and I kept thinking about how we have bones and blood and muscle and skin and I wanted to know how thick the skin layer was. So I was going to use scissors and cut into quite a bit of skin, but decided to play it safe and I only cut a little bit, but it started bleeding everywhere so I came up with some lame story that I was reaching for my pencil that was between my open scissors and told the teacher and asked for a bandaid. She gave me that look and I knew she was calling bullshit on my story, but she didn’t say anything and just gave me the bandaid.
16) What is something you really like about yourself that you feel no one else appreciates like you do?
That I care about people, even if they’re rejected by everyone else.
17) Tell a joke.
Why did Barty Crouch Jr. quit drinking? Because it was making him Moody.
18) Would you rather excel at drawing/painting or dancing/athleticism? Why?
Dancing/athleticism because it’s a combination of feeling like you can be your own art and being amazed by what you’re capable of.
19) What is a moment or an object from your childhood that you miss or remember dearly?
I miss a mom and pop restaurant that used to be in my hometown. The owner would bring out a cupcake with a candle on my birthday and gave me five bucks.
20) List your nicknames and explain your favorite one.
I think my favorite one is Catnip because I got it doing archery. The range master was trying to call me Katniss, but couldn’t remember her name, so she called me Catnip because I have really awesome aim.
21) Why are you here on earth? What is your purpose, religious, spiritual, objective or otherwise?
I feel like my purpose in life was taken away. There’s not much to build up to when you’re missing essential parts of the foundation.
22) Tag a Tumblr user you admire and tell why you admire them.
I admire wintergirlsv.tumblr.com. She’s very caring and fun to be around.
23) What are you grateful for? Push to make a really long list, think of all the positive aspects of your life.
I’m grateful for the stars.
I’m grateful for thunderstorms.
I’m grateful for my husband.
I’m grateful for nail polish.
I’m grateful for all things personal hygiene.
I’m grateful for not being born in previous time periods.
I’m grateful for my father-in-law.
I’m grateful for my teddy bear that my friend that I went to group counseling with gave me for my 16th birthday.
I’m grateful for my grandparents. I just wish I would have spent more time being grateful for my grandma before she passed away.
1. If you could go back and fix a misunderstanding, what would it be?
I would apologize and explain to the teachers I had before I ran away why I was clingy and a behavior problem.
2. What stereotype do people put you in and why do you/don’t you appreciate it?
I don’t really know what stereotype I get put in; I just know that people dismiss me before getting to know me.
3. What is your favorite meal?
Egg foo young with fried rice and darjeeling tea :)
4. What is something you believe in that most people don’t seem to understand?
I believe in treating your children as human beings with their own personalities and hopes and goals and dreams and letting them discover their passions instead of using them to relive the childhood you wanted when they don’t want the same things you did.
5. If you could binge watch any series on Netflix, what would it be?
Boy Meets World
6. Would you rather lose your ability hear or to speak?
7. What is your most sentimentally valuable object?
My grandma’s diaries.
8. What do you think the last person you saw outside of your home thinks about you?
I don’t think she’s sure of what she thinks of me right now.
9. Which country would you like to visit next?
I would love to go visit a friend in China.
10. Describe your closest near death experience.
I was at a pool party and we had like three or four of these giant inflatable pads that fit like 10 people on them. The girls would get on them and the guys would try to show off by flipping them over. I got knocked off one of them, so I went to swim out from under it, but it was butted up to another and I couldn’t get between them, so I swam under that one too, but it was butted up against the pool wall, so I swam to the left and got out of the water as I was losing strength and almost blacked out.
11. You’re at Starbucks. What do you order?
A venti vanilla latte
and I tag: